Temporary Custody

Is there a situation within your family that has led you to being the primary caregiver for a child who is the biological child of another family member? Do you have the capability of enrolling this child in school, or seeking/obtaining medical treatment and making decisions in an emergency medical situation? Perhaps it is time to consider obtaining an order for temporary custody. The skilled family law attorneys at Aloia, Roland, Lubell & Morgan, PLLC, can help you.

With an order for temporary custody, legal custody of the minor child is actually transferred to the person named within the order. During that specified period of time, that temporary custodian has all decision-making authority for the child. An order for temporary custody is most easily obtained through consent of all parties; however, the court can grant it over a parent's objection if that parent is proven to be unfit because they have abused, abandoned, or neglected the child.

Contact Our Experienced Attorneys

To speak to one of our family lawyers, please call 239-603-6143 or 800-724-7902. We can also be reached online. Consultations can be scheduled at either our Fort Myers or Cape Coral, Florida, office.